23 December 2009

Temp work for the holidays


Military band playing Christmas carols at Central Station


“Welcome to HPM Legrand, Mariah speaking.” Such was the motto of life for about a week in December, as I landed a temp job with an electronic supplier company called HPM. I acted as receptionist, answering phones, diverting calls on a switchboard of 200+, servicing invoices, managing ingoing and outgoing mail and courier services, scanning documents and more. It was for a week and a half before Christmas, right up until Christmas Eve day. I had fun, met tons of people, and maximized my time by distributing my resumes to the HR manager, one of my bosses, and the head of customer service. Hopefully more work becomes available for me in the new year! The job was in Auburn, about an hour away. I took a bus to central station and then a train to Auburn. On the 22nd of December there was a military band at central station playing Christmas carols (see above), and it was quite lovely. I enjoyed my temp work at HPM, and I was especially happy to have full-time work, which translates to more money, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment