20 October 2009

A Day in the life...at Uni

Bus evacuation

Quad lawn at UNSW

Today was quite a rough day, ending with my bus breaking down and a brief walk home. Luckily, it's a beautiful day in Sydney. Spring is finally here! This arvo I went to uni for a few doctors appointments, but I wasn't at all happy with the service provided by UNSW Health Services. I miss U of M hospitals! Despite the long waits and the crowds of coughing college students, at least the doctors there actually achieved something at the end of a 45-minute appointment. Whether a recommendation, a prescription, some advice or a referral--I always walked out of UMS feeling as if something had been accomplished and my money had been well spent. At UNSW, I walked out of the door in tears, no better than I had been before my appointment (which I made over two weeks ago) and $204 poorer. Grrrr....

Alas, there's hope for me yet. Tonight=steak night at Randwick Rugby Club. Hopefully a good a meal and a few VBs with friends will bring a happy ending to my terrible Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment