25 November 2009

Rainy Sydney


Somehow Sydney is still spectacular..despite showers! If anything, the Opera House looks majestic through the fog.

This morning I was off to North Sydney, via 1.5 hours of busses, for an interview with xLife Insurance. It was rainy and gross out, but for once in my life I had remembered an umbrella. The interview was held in a cafe, and it went...ok. I'm getting really good at interviewing, and I have answers for all of the standard questions ("What two words best describe yourself? What your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you want to work for us?" etc) Butttt some questions about the financial markets arose and I'm not sure if I bullshat them well enough. I guess we'll see!

After the interview, I had..oh....six hours until I was to begin work at Maths Worthwide, which was only a twenty minute walk from the cafe. I found a library and plopped myself down for a while; it was glorious. Nice and cool, not to mention dry, and quiet. I had my laptop with me, and applied for more jobs (since I'm not exactly thrilled with the one I have now) and read quite a bit. Then I went to work til 8 pm. The hours dragged on, but I reached my quota. I liked North Sydney, and it's easier and closer to get to public transport than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment