12 November 2009

View from Chris Ohio's ROOF!



Today: Wednesday. I practiced this morning, read a bit, and headed to the Clovelly RSL to get an interview for my two-up story. Mission: accomplished. Today is Remembrance Day, and veterans were sure in the mood to talk! I got on record (via wonderful i-phone app) a 45-minute conversation/rambling of three old men discussing the glory days of two-up. I'm excited to get it all transcribed and make a feature story out of it. They had a plate of sandwiches, and insisted I have a light beer. Fine gentlemen, indeed! Then I walked down to Coogee Beach to catch the 370 to work (which started at 3) but it was only 1, so I relaxed on the boardwalk. I texted Chris Ohio that I was nearby (on the steps where we had met) and he invited me over to his place to check out his apartment. And I'm so glad I did; see above! He has a FANTASTIC view with ROOF ACCESS!! Ahh it was glorious. A huge space up there, with tables, chairs, the works. And the view was all across Coogee and even some buildings of Sydney CBD. I'm insanely jealous of Chris and his fantastic apartment, though he does pair a fair bit more in rent than I do. Plus...mere metres from the Coogee Bay Hotel!! My parents called me while I was checking out the view, and we had a chat for about twenty minutes (it was still my birthday in the states, as my dad determinedly pointed out) and it was nice to talk to them for a bit. Then up the hill I went, and on the bus to work from 3-7. Then Marty met up with me at the Doncaster Hotel, where I've been dying to try their $11.50 steaks. ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!! T-bone and ALL OUT salad bar for $11.50---genius!! The steak was DELICIOUS and the salad was VERY refreshing (and included pasta and rice!) We decided that we'd have to turn up there once a week for a feed. Back home, transcriptions, and bed. Big day tomorrow!!! I'm not nervous at all....I'm ready. BRING IT, YAMAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment