22 November 2009

Thanksgiving Down Under--Great Success!!


Me with my Mac n Cheese!!


Thanksgiving dinner at Vu and Jenna's

As you can see, my mac n cheese did NOT turn out to be brown and gross (as it did in the trial experiment--I was too ashamed to take photos) and I was very proud of myself for my contribution. I cooked this morning and Marty and I arrived at Vu and Jenna's around 2, mac n cheese in hand. Drinks on the balcony (Marty had picked up some Budweiser--how American--and I must add, it tasted cool, refreshing and delicious) before dinner around 4. Jenna and Vu had cooked TWO turkeys, stuffing, mashed, green bean caserole, and veggies. It was all amazing! There were around 20 of us there, and it was a fantastic day of eating, drinking and merriment. There were little kids running around, too, which made it more like the holidays. We left around 9, at which point I called my brother and Darius to wake them up (it was around 6 am Michigan time) before the Michigan-Ohio State game. I found out later that we lost, and I wasn't too surprised, but was pretty content that we weren't slaughtered. Score: 21-10. Michigan football: a complete disaster. Me: in Australia, not too concerned about it. Does that mean I follow rugby and cricket instead? Absolutely not.

Vu and Jenna live in the penthouse of an amazing apartment, and the view (above) is spectacular. You can see Acer Arena, where Britney Spears performed last night. Her Australian concert tour has been a huge flop, with lip syncing and pole dancing and everything pre-recorded--including her interactions with the crowd. Ridiculous. On a happier note, Pearl Jam is in Australia, and performing in Sydney on Sunday night. Chris Ohio is going, I believe.

I can cook!! One meal down, about a thousand more to go. Oh, and it wasn't from a box, or a can, or a bottle. Score!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment